Recipe | Braised two winters
300g mix of fat and lean pork 五花肉
20g white radish 白萝卜
15g scallion, shredded and sliced 葱
10g ginger 姜
3 tablespoons of yellow wine 黄酒
4g salt 盐
10g sugar 糖
6g chicken extract 鸡精
15g cornstarch 淀粉
1 egg 鸡蛋
450ml of cooking oil 食用油
3 star anises 八角
2 tablespoons of soy sauce 酱油
4 canolas 油菜
1. Cut the meat into small chunks, and then chop the meat into a roughly cut mince.
2. Add the shredded radish, scallion, half the yellow wine, three quarters of the salt, sugar, chicken extract and the egg. Stir until the texture becomes sticky.
3. Add cornstarch and stir until even. Shape the mix into four balls, each about a handful in size.
4. Heat the oil and fry the meatballs on medium heat. Keep them turning until they are golden.
5. In a new wok, add sliced scallion, ginger, anises, yellow wine and soy sauce. Put in the meatballs and enough water to immerse them. Add in salt, sugar and chicken extract. Boil for 15 minutes on medium heat and dish up the meatballs. Mix cornstarch with water and pour the resulting sauce into the wok. Stir well and pour the hot sauce over the meatballs on the plate.
6. Immerse the canola in boiling water for five seconds and take them out. Set them around the meatballs, and the dish is ready to serve.